With the holiday season upon us, I thought it was time to share the 2011 Office Supply Geek Gift Guide. These will make great gifts for the office supply geek in your life or great gifts for yourself or a co-worker. Also, in addition to all of the gift suggestions below, you can also win yourself a $10 Gift Card for Jetpens.com by leaving a comment in the comments section. One comment per person please.
The 2011 Office Supply Geek Gift Guide
1. One gift you definitely cant go wrong with is the Uniball Kuru Toga Roulette. Imagine the most technologically advanced mechanical pencil, and then take the whole thing and cover it in black metal and give it a knurled grip. That is exactly what you get with the Uniball Kuru Toga. The coolest thing about this mechanical pencil is that it automatically rotates the lead as you write with it so the tip always stays sharp. This is the only pencil that I know of that does this, and it is also the only pencil I’ll ever use.
2. Chances are that someone in your life likes Star Wars, and if they do, the Star Wars Moleskine Journal is a fantastic gift that you cant go wrong with. They come in two sizes with two different cover designs, one ruled and the other with blank pages. Each also comes with a reproduction of the original Star Wars Movie poster.
3. You wont often find me recommending a ballpoint pen, but this Zebra F-701 is so well constructed and actually writes very nicely, so this is one of the few no-brainer ballpoint pens out there. The solid metal body and knurled grip will make your gift recipient feel like they are behind the wheel of a tank (do tanks really have a “wheel” anyway?) when they are writing with this pen. if you want to really step up your gift giving, go ahead and grab a matching mechanical pencil version of the pen to make a nice writing set for your recipient.
4. Next up on our list is an item and the brand that I will never get tired of recommending to people. The Saddleback Leather Company makes products using the best quality leather you are likely to find anywhere. The Dark Coffee Brown Briefcase pictured above has traveled to and from work with me every day for almost a year now, and I don’t think I’ve ever owned anything that more people have complimented me on.
5. A great little stocking stuffer that just about anyone could use is the Verbatim Clip-It 4GB Flash Drive. Besides just being super small, the top half of the plastic is actually a clip (hence the name) that can easily slip on the cover or pages of a notebook, a stack of papers, a presentation, or a business card. These are super handy and unique storage devices that come in a variety of colors.
6. One of the more eye catching items we have reviewed this year was the Expo Black Dry Erase Board with matching Expo Neon Dry Erase Markers. If you know someone that needs or wants a dry erase board, this one is certainly an attention grabber and no message written on it is going to go unnoticed.
7. Another great option for a dry erase board is a bit more elegant looking and organizationally focused. The Magnetic and Glass Weekly Planner Dry Erase Board sounds like a mouthful, but it is really quite simple. This is a great gift for the design oriented person who likes to keep organized, and in addition to the light green color you see above, it is also available in white.
8. One of the more fun and unique pens that we looked at this year was the Schrade Tactical Fountain Pen. You won’t want to give this to a frequent traveler who might get hung up in the security lines at the airport, but it is a really unique and well constructed gift that also doubles as a roller ball pen….oh, and as a self defense tool. If you know anyone that has some tense office situations going on, this pen might be just the “diplomacy encouragement” tool that they need.
9. Considering the number of pen and pencil gift recommendations I’m making here, I’d be remiss not to mention a cool item to give your recipient in order to help organize and transport all of their newly gifted writing implements. The Nomadic Pe-06 Side Zip Pencil Case is an amazingly handy and roomy solution for keeping all of your gear together. It comes in multiple colors and can easily hold upwards of 15 writing implements and some extras like erasers and/or lead refills.
10. Last but not least is a product that I have not reviewed, but I plan on getting my hands on one soon to check out. The Jawbone Jambox is a super compact and portable wireless speaker system for your Bluetooth devices. The nice “extra” about this is that it not only acts as a speaker for your MP3 player, but it also doubles as a speaker phone system for your Android or iPhone. Anyone with a Bluetooth enabled phone and/or a digital music collection (ie. about 75% of the worlds population at this point) would find this item to be particularly useful. At the time of writing this, the gray version is cheaper than the black, but the price is different for all four colors.
Don’t forget to leave your one comment in order to be entered for a chance to win a $10 Gift Card for Jetpens.com. You must leave your comment no later than Monday, December 5, 2011 at 11:59 PM Eastern. The winner will be announced on Tuesday December 6th. Good luck!
©2016, Brian Greene. All rights reserved.