Here are weight loss tips that you can follow daily:
1. Make a delicious low-fat mayonnaise by combining one teaspoon of Dijon mustard or satay sauce with low-fat yoghurt.
2. Never skip meals. Skipping meals slows down your body’s metabolism. Always keep in mind that eating increases metabolism.
3. Vegetables like zucchini and capsicum stuffed with flavored fillings or lean meat such as chicken or fish are healthy and low in fat.
4. Pita bread roll-ups or wraps with salad fillings are also recommended.
5. Approximately eight hours after waking up, your metabolism gradually slows down. Hence, it is great to exercise 30 minutes before eating dinner. This will increase metabolism and boost burning of fat, hours after you exercise.
6. Add alfalfa or mung beans to salad for extra iron.
7. Learn how to cook. This teaches you nutrition and makes you aware of what is good or bad for your body. Thus, you learn to prepare healthy recipes.
8. Family favorites should be made healthy. Learn to make them and see to it that the fats, salt, and sugar are cut out. Substitute non-fat yoghurt for cream, stir fry without oil, and use spices and herbs instead of salt to make food tasty.
9. See a doctor to get medical advice before you start any weight loss program.
10. Eat slowly. Chew everything well during each meal to help the body digest faster and slow down appetite.
11. Remember that three small meals and two snacks are better than three hearty meals.
12. Use chicken stock when stir-frying. This cut downs on hidden fat.
13. When buying food, choose non-toasted muesli instead of the toasted ones. A single plate of toasted muesli has more fat compared to a plate of bacon and eggs.
14. When eating fruits, do not remove the skin (if the skin can be eaten) because most of the nutrients are actually in it.
15. Drinking water with a squeeze of lemon juice before breakfast increases metabolism; the effect can last the whole day. It also prevents constipation and is great for your skin.
16. Good sources of vegetable protein are soya beans and tofu. Legumes contain high protein; include lentils, lima beans, and other legumes into your casseroles and soups.
17. Have a weight loss “friend” or support mate. He or she can motivate you into joining and staying with a weight loss program.
18. It will be difficult at first, but try not to eat anything three hours before you sleep.
19. When you are in a fast-food restaurant, choose pasta or salad. They take only 10 to 12 minutes to prepare, and both are delicious and healthy.
20. Chili actually helps speed up your metabolism. Even the milder ones do.
21. Try preparing omelettes without the yolks. It will give you a remarkable decrease in fat.
22. Avoid baking powder, baking soda, MSG and soy sauce.
23. One technique of removing fat is dropping ice cubes into the baking tray. Fat sticks to the ice cubes.
24. Get used to drinking hot water instead of cold water in the morning. It increases metabolism and burns more calories.
25. Eat before shopping for food and always remember to prepare a shopping list. Choose foods that relate to your weekly menu plan and do not be tempted to buy goodies.
When you have the right discipline and consistency in your diet plan, you will eventually start living a healthy lifestyle that can last for a long time, making you lose those extra pounds.