The AT&T TL7610 Cordless Headset
The friendly folks from AT&T made this office supply blogger a happy camper when they not only offered up a sample of their AT&T TL7610 Cordless Headset (to buy from Amazon) for review, but also offered a second unit for one of my lucky readers to win. As someone who does spend a good deal of time working from home, I can’t tell you how valuable it has been to have this cordless headset as part of my home office supply arsenal. Once you check out the review, be sure to read the rules about how you can enter to win one of these for your own home office.
Here is what you will find when you open the box of your new AT&T TL6710 Cordless Headset
Right out of the box, the first thing I noticed about this headset was the nice solid feel and weight of the base of the unit. I use a similar product by a different manufacturer when I am actually in the office, and there is no comparison between the quality feel of this AT&T unit vs. that cheaper feeling unit that I have at my desk. When it comes to features, it seems that this AT&T cordless headset packs a bunch into a small package, the headset offers:
- DECT 6.0 Technology (this means you can expect limited to no interference from other wireless devices such as baby monitors, BlackBerries, cell phones, microwaves, and wireless internet devices, resulting in better sound quality, plus you get have a more securely encrypted communication device that will lower the chances of someone overhearing your conversation which could be a great way to reduce your chances of being a victim of identity theft)
- 500 feet of range from the base
- Compatibility with corded or cordless 1 line and 2 line phones
- Works with multi line business systems
- Expandable to 2 headsets
- Multiple connection options
- Sound level protection
- Ability to wirelessly pair to any 2008 AT&T DECT 6.0 cordless product
- Compliance with RoHS Directive (2002/95/EC) that restricts the use of six hazardous substances including lead, mercury, and cadmium.
- For more details, photos, accessories, or to buy directly from AT&T, go to the AT&T TL7610 Cordless Headset page on att.com.
Side view of the compact AT&T TL6710 cordless headset
As you can see from the above photo, the unit has a nice sleek look to it, it is stylish without being to trendy looking so it will fit nicely in any home office setting. In addition to the visual appeal of the unit, it also takes up minimal space, so you shouldn’t have a problem finding an out of the way space on your desk to tuck it away where it wont interfere with anything else you are doing. Once you have found a place to set up your cordless headset, you will need to check out the instructions and make sure to set it up properly. Personally I don’t think any wireless headset like this is ever “easy” to set up, however the detailed instructions included, along with the clearly labeled jacks do make it a fairly painless process.
AT&T TL6710 Cordless Headset Base Jacks. I never knew “curly cord” was what it was really called.
Once in use, there was one thing regarding the base though that took a little time to get used to, and that was sliding the ear piece out of the unit. Initially I kept hitting the long stem of the ear piece on the sides and getting caught when I slid it out of the base, but once I got the hang of it, it became second nature.
AT&T TL6710 Cordless Headset on Head Side View
Now those of you who frequent this site have come to know the wooden hand which has been called everything from creepy to cool, so I thought this review would be a great opportunity to bust out the glass head…so those of you in the creepy camp for the wooden hand, well…Im sorry. It was hard to get a good picture, but the volume and flash buttons on the ear piece itself were easy to find and operate while the unit is out of eye site on your ear.
AT&T TL6710 Cordless Headset on Head Other Side View
The headset was very comfortable to wear even for an extended period of time, and it is very light weight so you don’t really notice it on your head. The nice thing is that there are several options as to how you can wear it. The headset can be worn Over the Ear, Over the Head, or Behind the Neck, and as someone who wears glasses, I appreciate the options other than “over the ear” which can sometimes get uncomfortable. Even on a fairly good size head (equal to about a 7 1/2 in a fitted baseball hat) all of the options were able to fit nicely.
The range on this unit seems to perform as advertised, although I couldn’t quite get 500 feet from the base without the possibility of becoming a victim of vehicular homicide or being arrested for trespassing, there was not one point within my home or even a bit outside of it where the signal even hinted at fading.
The AT&T TL6710 Cordless Headset Base Volume Buttons – A little texture or raised surface would make them easier to use
If there was one thing I could change about this unit, it would be the volume control on the side of the unit. Its not a button that you will find yourself using all the time, however the way it is blended smoothly into the round contour of the base makes it hard to blindly find with your finger tip if you are multitasking. I think a simple nub or textured arrow on the button would be a simple way to make this easier to find and control. Overall, the sound quality, range, and sturdy build of this product make it a great way for you to be more productive in your home office.
Now on to the giveaway…
How to win an AT&T TL6710 Cordless Headset for your Home Office:
Each person will have the ability to enter up to 4 times by following the directions below, with each entry requiring its own individual comment being left.
1. Leave a comment – thats the easy one to get your first entry, to see how you can get three more entries keep reading.
2. Spread the word of this contest on Twitter by following me there @officesupplygee and tweeting the following – “Enter to win an AT&T Cordless Headset from @officesupplygee http://bit.ly/9QyOfV #giveaway” and leave a comment here linking to that status update on Twitter.
3. Spread the word to your friends on Facebook by becoming a fan of and posting an update using the same link (http://bit.ly/9QyOfV) and mentioning the contest, then come back to leave a comment here linking to that update
4. Spread the word via your blog or website by posting about the contest and copying and pasting the following “win an AT&T TL670 Cordless Headset for your home office from ” into your post….then just come back and leave a comment that links back to your post.
Contest rules are as follows:
- Entrants must be US residents
- Your comment entries must be left no later than 11:59 PM Eastern Standard time on Wednesday February 17th 2010
- Winner will be announced the morning of Thursday February 18h 2010 and will be contacted via the email address used to leave their comment. Dont leave an email address in the body of your comment, just the submission form itself.
- Decision of the winner is final, no do overs or mulligans. 🙂 Random.org has the last word with whatever random number is selected.
- Good luck and thanks for stopping by!
©2017, Brian Greene. All rights reserved.