Authored by Nickie Fleming in Hair Care
Published on 05-20-2009
When you’re cursed (or blessed?) with curly hair, then you’ll probably try a lot of new products (gels, mousses) but the result remains the same: your hair will always become frizzy. So what can you do to give frizzy hair a wet look?
Well, first of all you’d better not dry blow your hair (unless you use the right product), because it will just complicate things. Better head to a salon and there qualified people will lead you to the right products. When you leave, you no longer have frizzy hair!
The products hairdressers recommend are the following:
- The best shampoo and conditioner, according to them, is Kerastase. This company offers the best products for curly hair. They have a shampoo called Nutritive Bain Elasto-Curl which is praised by many owners of curly hair for its intense moisturizing properties. It will soften coarse and curly hair while enhancing the natural curl and not getting it get frizzy on you. The best conditioner, again, is by Kerastase and is called Nutritive Masquintense.
- The best hair-styling cream is according to those who know best Ojon Conditioning Finishing Paste. This product works great on dry hair and will the hair slick and shiny. Simply rub a bit between your hands and then palm it over your curly hair.
- The best shine serums for curly hair are:
- Neutrogena Triple Moisture Healing Shine Serum (least expensive)
- Bumble & Bumble DeFrizz (medium price)
- Rene Furterer Spray Gloss (pricey)
- The best relaxing balms are either PhytoDefrisant Botanical Hair Relaxing Balm (voted best beauty buy in 2006) and KMS Flat-Out Relaxing Balm. Each of the two are great to tame coarse, flyaway hair. You will love their lightweight texture that won’t leave your hair feeling greasy!
- The best styling gel for curly hair is, according to the pro’s, Smooth Gelee. It is perfect to tame curly hair and is also great when you are blow-drying or ironing your hair. You will find that it won’t make your hair stiff, which is a bad effect caused by many other gels.
They all smooth the frizz in your hair and give it a great shine.
Now that you know which product to use, I’ve also some tips for styling curly hair.
- You can remove the extra moisture in your hair by towel-drying it.
- To get rid of tangles without comprising the wave in your hair is to mist the hair with a few drops of conditioner, then to apply a little bit of moisturizing pomade. This will instantly refresh bed hair.
- When you want to create a look like just coming from the beach, then you can occasionally mist your hair with water, mixed with a little bit of conditioner.
- You should also know that naturally curling hair requires special cutting techniques. You best find a stylist who understands wave formation and knows how to manage curly hair. He or she is also able to visualize how curly hair will look dry while working on it wet.