- By Benith Jattod
- Published 08/30/2012
Are you on a look out for a perfect apartment in a new area? Apartment hunting is not at all a difficult job if you know the right way to proceed. You just need to set a budget and stick to it. Following are some useful guidelines that will help you finding the right apartment in your desired area with the right amenities:
· It is important to be sure regarding how much you can spend for purchasing or renting an apartment. When you are calculating the costs, make sure that you take the utilities in consideration.
· Your relatives, friends and colleagues should know that you are looking for an apartment so that they can refer you to someone who wants to let his apartment in the area you are shifting to.
· Consider the time involved in commuting between your office to the neighborhood that you are choosing an apartment in. Also prepare a list of your requirements that you want your neighborhood to provide like parking and laundry facilities, security and nearness to public transportation.
· The number of bedrooms and bathrooms you will want in your apartment is also a major consideration. The price of an apartment is determined on the number of rooms and the availability of the facilities mentioned in the earlier point.
· Check the apartment listings in the local newspapers of the area you want to buy/rent an apartment. You can also check online. Make sure that you do not miss out to look for any rental signs in the local neighborhoods. Libraries and cafes have community bulletin boards reading apartments for rent ads.
· Make a separate file of the newspaper advertisements and computer printouts and of course, your list of requirements. Go through the ads thoroughly and consider those that match your requirements. Visit them in person. It is best to go with a friend or a family member so that you do not make a wrong choice. The presence of a close person ensures that you have a second opinion. Make sure that you have your credit report ready as most landlords ask for credit reports from their landlords at the time of the application.
· If you are falling short of the time to go through the classifieds and listing out your choices, you can register with an apartment-provider service.
· You can publish a ‘housing wanted’ ad on Craigslist or any other online service. You need to put some important information like your employment details and the kind of apartment you are looking for. The landlords will contact you only when your requirements match their arrangements.
· If you want to lease an apartment, you should know about the lease terms prior to your application.
· Choose an apartment within your budget having all the facilities you want. Check the apartments keeping in mind the requirements and do not forget to take a walk around the neighborhood.
These are the right ways to find a suitable apartment.
Benith Jattod is passionate about home renovation, architectural design and gardening. He is a freelance architect and a property management consultant in West Palm Beach, Florida. You can find Benith’s articles on many property blogs and article directories. Currently he is writing on apartments Coral Springs for tenants and new home buyers.
Benith suggests his readers to follow Kangarent Broward County (http://www.kangarent.com)for additional information on property related services.