- By Barry Knightly
- Published 03/2/2012
1. The glasses. Glasses have been long considered a cool fashion accessory, just look at Bob Dylan, Marilyn Monroe, and Bono. Can you remember ever seeing them without a pair on? And3DTV technology actually requires you to wear a pair to watch, talk about a dress policy! Don’t you want to look super cool on your sofa? I’m pretty sure Kanye West does!
2. All the best movies are coming out on 3D these days. All the big family blockbusters and some great thrillers. Tron, Toy Story and Hugo were all given cinematic releases on 3D and were all highly praised for their use of the technology. It has gotten to the stage where directors and filmmakers are actively considering the science of it before they even consider the script. When people like James Cameron are thinking about whether something will work in 3D before thinking about whether it fits the storyline, you know it’s a good thing.
3. Its cutting edge technology. In the television world these are the latest developments to the experience. 2DTV is old news, all the big manufacturers are concentrating their expertise on the third dimension.
4. It isn’t that much more expensive to buy a 3DTV than it is to buy a 2DTV. Over the last couple of years prices have drastically fallen, making it the perfect time to find out what all the fuss is about. 2DTV is old news now and no doubt over the coming years we will see them being phased out around the world.
5. Gaming. Anyone who plays video games consoles has probably thought to themselves at some point, “wouldn’t this be so much better in 3D?” Well it’s a very valid point. It is much better. Fully immersed in the video game world.
About the Author: Barry Knightly is a fan of 3DTV.