When it comes to choose the type of flooring for your house, there are many options. And among the various flooring options, hardwood flooring is the best one to consider if you want an elegant look for your house. Hardwood flooring again can be divided into three types- solid hardwood flooring, engineered hardwood flooring and hardwood flooring containing acrylic products. You must choose the type of hardwood flooring for your house after gaining considerable knowledge about each of the three types of hardwood flooring.
Let us know about the three types of hardwood flooring in the following:
1. Solid hardwood flooring– Solid hardwood flooring can be finished or unfinished. Unfinished wood flooring needs coating and sanding post installation whereas finished hardwood flooring needs no sanding and coating. Finished hardwood flooring is also known as pre-finished hardwood flooring as the coating is already applied.
2. Engineered hardwood flooring– It is often confused with laminate flooring because of the plastic laminates used during the installation of this type of hardwood flooring. It contributes a rich look and is also less expensive than the other two types of hardwood flooring. If you are thinking of home improvement with a tight budget, you can consider engineered hardwood flooring.
3.Hardwood flooring that contains acrylic products– Hardwood flooring in which acrylic products like water-proof sealants and colors are used provides prolonged service in comparison to the first two types. But it is also costlier than the solid and engineered types.
These are the three types of hardwood flooring among which you can make a choice when thinking of hardwood flooring install.
When you are making an investment, it is important to take some precautions so that your investment does not go in vain. Below given are the tips which will help you to take good care of your hardwood floors in the right way:
1. Daily sweeping of the floors is important. Use a soft-bristled broom for sweeping. You can also use a vacuum cleaner for squeaky cleaning of the corners of the floor.
2. Always use a cleaning solution meant for hardwood flooring. Avoid harsh detergents and soaps as they can make the hardwood floors dull.
3. Add the hardwood floor cleaner in a bucket of water. Dip a soft cotton cloth in the mixture. Wipe the floor with the cloth only after squeezing the excess water from the cloth.
4. Do not forget to wipe the hardwood floors with a dry cloth after wiping it with a damp cloth. It will soak the excess water. Excess water can cause damage to the hardwood floors.
Follow these tips for the proper maintenance of hardwood floors.
David Kingston is an architect. He has experimented with different types of floor designs and has numerous blogs on stone tile flooring. He suggests you to visit http://www.newimageflooring.ca for further information regarding tile flooring.