There are literally thousands of ideas to use for homemade wedding favors. Stretch your imagination and be creative. Get out of the conventional box. Here are some wedding favor ideas you could use:
Colored Scented Candles
Candles are inexpensive and very useful. They make excellent wedding favors. Purchase candles with multiple scents. Visit websites like peakcandles.com for more candle ideas. They come in different colors, shapes, sizes and scents. Purchase in bulk for the best the price. If you have the know-how and time why not make your own candles at home. Grab a self teach book about it, gather the materials and try making your own.
Shell Shaped Wedding Favors
If you are going to have a beach wedding, why not have beached themed wedding favors. It’s simple and can readily be assembled in your own home. Purchase shell shaped containers for your giveaways. Inside these containers add a piece of soap, candle, and a bottle stopper. Now you have an original beach themed wedding favors that your guests will remember.
Miniature Note Pads
Find a wedding favor that your guests can use afterwards. A note pad can do that and also remind them of the event weeks later. Here are a few guidelines:
- Purchase a rim of paper: Find a type of paper material that suits you.
- Use software to personalize the paper: There are many ways to personalize paper. It could be a wedding picture, a signature, a specific theme. Find one that works for you.
- Make measurements and cut them to the size that you want: Approach a photocopying business and have them cut your note pad to the size you want.
- Purchase some binding material: Bind the personalized paper together with hard board and create your finished wedding favor product.
CD Wedding Favors
CDs make excellent wedding favors. Everybody can use them, anytime and any place. It’s very functional. Here are a few guidelines:
- Organize your wedding music selection: Make sure it is relevant and in theme. Music should be the music played at your reception.
- Purchase a number of CDs and a burner: Get your materials ready. Compute the number of guests you have so you have the corresponding number of CDs burned. It’s not a bad idea to have extra copies made. Do your CD burning ahead of time, weeks before the wedding event.
Written Vows on Card Stock
If you are on a tight budget, here’s a simple and elegant idea. Why not print your personalized vows on quality card stock. Here’s how you can do it.
- Determine the content: It could be your own personal vows or a favorite poem or a verse. Write it down, be original and truthful. This can become an excellent bonding and reinforcing activity for both couples.
- Determine if you want to sign it yourself: It may take time and a lot of pens but it will have a more personalized effect. If not, then just print over the stock card.
- Determine the extra décor to your card: You can attach a small bell to the card or a piece of small candy to each card. Get creative. Put a bunch of these cards on a bowl and place them at the center of each reception table.
Visit the Wedding Favor Bar
If you have run out of ideas and you are pressed for time, visit the Wedding Favor Bar. Discover several items you could use as wedding favors. Popular items you normally find in such bars are items like mini picture frames, key chains, figurines and soap. You normally can get it in a much cheaper price if you buy pieces in bulk. You can mix and match pieces together and bundle them up at home.