- By cathy warden
- Published 02/24/2012
Varicose veins are a common problem among people, especially those who sit or stand at one place for a long period of time. These are enlarged, twisted veins that can be noticed in the lower legs. There are several factors that can cause the development of varicose veins. Women are more prone to varicose veins than men. Factors like heredity, pregnancy and age can contribute to the development of this condition.
Treating varicose veins is not a tough job. But prevention is better than cure and varicose veins can be prevented very easily. A little change in your lifestyle can prevent the development of these veins. Keep on reading this article to know how to prevent varicose veins.
Here are a few tips that you can follow in order to avoid varicose veins.
· Maintaining good posture is extremely important to prevent this condition. Whenever you stand, stand straight. Don’t lean backward or forward. This will ensure that pressure decreases in the veins in your lower leg.
· You should try to maintain ideal body weight. Obesity is one of the most common factors causing varicose veins. If you are overweight, your circulatory system will require working harder increasing the pressure on your leg veins.
· While you sit, try to keep your legs uncrosses. This improves blood circulation and doesn’t create any obstacle in the upward flow of blood. Blood can flow upward to the heart from your legs easily. This minimized the chance of developing varicose veins.
· You should go for exercise on a regular basis. There is no need to go for rigorous exercise. You can opt for simple things like walking, cycling, swimming, rowing and so on. This improves blood circulation without putting extra pressure on the veins inside your leg.
· Make sure you don’t stand at one place for a long period of time. Your job profile requires such practice, you should wear mild compression hose as it aids in the upward flow of blood.
· Last but not the least. You should avoid wearing high heels. They are a primary cause of varicose veins.
If you have failed to prevent varicose veins, there is nothing to worry. This condition can be treated easily. All you need to do is to see a good doctor in your area. Finding a doctor will not at all be a problem if you stay in an area like Boca Raton. You can easily find many doctors specializing in varicose veins Boca Raton.
Cathy Warden is a beauty expert who writes articles on topics like age spot removal, acne removal, varicose veins, laser skin resurfacing and so on. For more information on these topics she suggest you to visit http://www.drskellchock.com/