Authored by Jenny Mango in Makeup and Cosmetics
Published on 01-15-2009
One of your senses could only help you at this. If you want to choose the right fragrance, trust your nose. A fragrance should be based on your personality and gender. Branded fragrances are a good choice. Good fragrances should match with your skin chemistry, occasion as well as gender.
Types of Fragrances
Fragrances are classified according to the type of scent they deliver. They can be of many types like:
- Floral Fragrances: These bear the scents of various flowers, most commonly rose, lily, jasmine and others. Mixed with scents like vanilla, they create a lighter fragrance. Most of the fragrances in the market today are floral fragrances. These are the ones mostly preferred by women. The men also love this smell, especially when used by there loved ones.
- Citrus fragrances: These have the fragrances of fruits like lime, lemon and mandarin. They create a refreshing aroma.
- Oriental fragrances: They are made from spices, resins, amber etc. They are widely used for creating exotic aromas.
Choosing the Best Fragrance
Today, the market has innumerable perfumes, colognes and scents available. It has become rather difficult to choose the one that suits you best. Trying the tips below would be definitely helpful.
- Think about the occasion you are going on. You might be going to your office, party or you might be on a romantic date. While in your office you should use a light fragrance like cologne. Strong perfumes could cause headaches. If you are on a romantic date, you should choose one of the floral fragrances with pheromones to attract the opposite sex. A party scent should be a personal choice. It is also advisable not to wear any scent in hospitals or in crowded places.
- After you decide whether you need a strong or a light perfume, smell different scents at the fragrance counter. Choose the one you like and try it on.
- Try various perfumes and make sure that the fragrance is not overpowering. Make sure that you don’t have allergies to any fragrance that you buy. This should be noted specially when you choose a fragrance for the wedding.
- Do not buy too much of a new perfume at once. Try to use a sample for a few days. It happens at times that your skin chemistry does not work out with the new perfume. It depends whether you have a dry or oily skin. Keep trying new perfumes until you get the one that you like most.
- Pure perfumes are always more expensive than normal ones. But, they keep the scent on your body for a longer period. Lastly, you should always feel good in the perfume you choose.
Perfumes give you the power to captivate a person. A good perfume draws others attention around you and leaves behind a trail. Perfumes with pheromones are particularly the best when you need to attract someone. Finally, the most important thing with your perfume is that you should feel good and know your motive of wearing it.