Authored by Sanketa Nayak in Nutrition
Published on 12-22-2008
In order to lose weight, you have probably resort to undergo a diet program but the problem is that you might not be eating enough that can affect your metabolism. The metabolism is the process that converts the food that you take in into fuel energy. Usually a person with a fast metabolism is most likely to burn more calories compared to those people who got slow metabolism. This is definitely the key when you want to lose weight. People want to increase their metabolism in order to speed up their weight loss. As a result, they are much more energetic making them look good and feel better.
If you want to boost your metabolism, it is important that you eat the right food that will give it the power to do its job well. There are many foods that can speed up your metabolism. These foods are usually found in your everyday meal. Increasing your metabolism can definitely lead to a permanent weight loss. In addition to this, a healthy diet and regular exercise can help your body burn more fats.
Although dieting can reduce your daily calorie intake it has a negative effect in your metabolism. When you diet, your body has a tendency to hold on the calories that it can get and as result you are most likely to gain weight. Aiming for five small meals a day with the interval of three hours each can help increase your metabolism. Aside from speeding up your metabolism, it can keep your energy level high.
Incorporating food that can speed up metabolism is quite easy. Proper planning and preparing is the way to go. Start by reducing food that are processed and add fruit and vegetables in your diet where you can benefit for a long time.
Foods that can increase metabolism are as follows.
- Adding capsaicin that is mostly found in hot peppers is a way to boost metabolism. Aside from speeding up metabolism, the immune system can also benefit from this ingredient.
- Ginger and garlic are also known to help in speeding up metabolism.
- Vegetables are also effective when it comes to helping metabolism achieve its maximum potential. Tomatoes, eggplant, cucumber, lettuce, mushrooms, celery, broccoli, beans are some that you might want to include in your diet. They are also a good source of protein and nutrients.
- Cooking the food with olive oil can help you as well.
- Lean protein like chicken and turkey.
- Breads made from whole wheat.
- Fruits like apple, grapes, orange and grapefruit.
- Peanuts, walnuts and almonds.