Monsieur Notebooks with Vegetable Tanned Leather Covers
Tom from Hide Stationery recently sent over a few review and giveaway samples of these great looking Monsieur Notebooks that are made with vegetable tanned leather covers and hand made in India. Check out the review, and then read the rules below `to see how you can enter to win two of your very own.
A Stack of Monsieur Leather Notebooks
The Monsieur notebooks are available in A4, A5, and A6 sizes with ruled or plain paper, and they come in either black, brown, or tan vegetable tanned leather. Each cover is unique because of small differences in the grain of the leather and they also have different slightly different patterns in the coloring. Inside of each notebook there is a refreshing bit of nothingness other than a spot in the front for your name or other information. I personally like the fact that the front and back are not stuffed with maps, lists of abbreviations and commonly misspelled words, and there is no pocket…sometimes simple is best.
The Monsieur Notebooks Open
One of the things that people are often curious about with new unfamiliar notebooks is how they open and if they lay flat. With the Monsieur notebooks there is a very stiff feeling when they are brand new, but much like breaking in a new baseball glove, you can cajole this notebook into opening almost flat for the most part. I’m sure that as time goes by it gets a bit looser and will lay even flatter too.
The Monsieur Notebooks Logo – Mustachioed and Monocle Clad
One of my favorite things about the Monsieur notebook is the logo, a mustachioed and monocle clad face that is neatly tucked away on the back cover, and there is also a very small one printed on the paper of the inside cover. The classy looking gentleman’s face adds a bit of charm to an already luxurious and very proper feeling notebook.
Monsieur Notebook Writing Sample
Writing in the Monsieur notebook was a very nice experience. The paper handled all of the inks I tried with it which included gel ink, fountain pen ink, and a Sharpie Pen. None of these inks showed any feathering although there was a minor amount of show through on the other side of the page. The 192 ruled pages of ivory 90g paper in this A6 version have a nice grey ruling in them that are spaced at 6mm.
Now unfortunately these are not available in the US yet, but as I mentioned earlier, I am giving away two of these notebooks to one lucky reader, here is how you can enter for your chance to win:
1. You must be a US RESIDENT.
2. All entries must be completed by 11:59 PM Eastern on Wed. July 27th.
3. Winner will be announced on Thursday July 28th. Winner is responsible for checking back to claim their prize no later than August 4th at 11:59PM, or prize will be forfeited.
4. One winner will be selected using the random number generator and will win a black A5 and a brown A6 version of these notebooks, each unlined.
Your 3 chances to enter:
1. Leave a comment on this thread
2. Tweet the following: “Win some cool leather notebooks from @OfficeSupplyGee http://goo.gl/agZrw” and then come back here to leave another new comment with a link to that Twitter status update.
3. Take a picture of yourself with a mustache and a monocle and post another comment with a link to that picture.
©2017, Brian Greene. All rights reserved.