Authored by Mark Peters in Arizona
Published on 11-25-2008
Millions of people head to Arizona every year when the weather starts to turn cold in their own hometowns. One of the exciting and satisfying cities that they choose to go to is Tucson, and when you see all that Tucson has to offer, it is easy to see why people flock there to get out of the cold every year. The city of Tucson truly does offer something for the entire family.
Here are five things you must do when traveling to Tucson, Arizona:
1. Kitt Peak National Optical Astronomy Observatory – One of the top destinations in the Tucson area, the Kitt Peak National Optical Astronomy Observatory is home to a working research station that gives its visitors a once in a lifetime chance to see something truly unbelievable. No visit to the Tucson area is complete without a trip to the Observatory, in fact many people head there as the destination of their trip, not just as something to do when staying in Tucson.
2. Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum – The Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum is a completely unique attraction that any visitor to the city of Tucson would love to have a taste of. It is a museum, but it is also much more than that. The Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum is home to a zoo, a botanical garden, and of course a natural history museum. It really does offer something for everyone.
3. Pusch Ridge Stables – For a peaceful adventure or just a chance to get outdoors, a trip to the Pusch Ridge Stables offers visitors the chance to see Arizona in a whole new way, from the saddle of a horse. A true Arizona trail ride is sometimes just what the doctor ordered. A horse ride on an Arizona trail is not something that many people get to enjoy during their lifetimes.
4. Pima Air & Space Museum – Any history or military buff will love a trip to the Pima Air & Space Museum. The entire museum, including every exhibit it holds, is focused on the history of flight. Visitors can walk through exhibit after exhibit of incredible aircraft like World War II era gliders, a B-17 “Flying Fortress”, and more. There are even opportunities to view experimental aircraft.
5. Tucson Mountain Park – If a visitor to the Tucson area is looking for your normal every day city park, then Tucson Mountain Park is not what they are seeking. Tucson Mountain Park stretches over 20,000 acres in size and is home to one of the nicest desert nature preserves located nearby an urban population center. This is one of the nicest opportunities in the United States to see a real desert habitat in action.
Arizona is one of the most traveled to states in the United States. The sun and warm weather are two of the greatest attractions that bring people there from all over the country and world. Beyond the weather though, Tucson offers actual things to do to both entertain as well as interest the visitors that are lucky enough to spend all or part of their vacation in the beautiful area of Tucson. The city of Tucson offers everything needed to make a vacation stay there one of the best times in anyone’s lives.