Authored by Sharon Carter in Food and Cooking
Published on 09-28-2009
Strawberry Shortcake is a dessert that can be made various different ways. Some recipes consist of Angel Food Cake while others consist of egg whites & batter. This recipe will show you a quick and easy way to make individual Strawberry Shortcake desserts.
What you will need: 1 baking sheet 1 can of cooking spray 1 small bowl
- 2 Pillsbury Grands! Frozen flaky Layers Biscuits (The bag not the can)
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons of strawberry liqueur
- 1/3 cups of granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter or margarine
- 4 cups of strawberries
- 1 can of whipped cream
- 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar
- 1 cup of whipping cream (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
3. Place Pillsbury Grands! Frozen flaky Layers Biscuits on the sprayed baking sheet. Make sure the biscuits aren’t on top of one another. If you don’t give each biscuit ample space, you might end up with one huge biscuit.
4. Brush a table spoon of melted butter over the tops of each biscuit.
5. Gingerly sprinkle brown sugar over the tops of each biscuit and bake in the oven according to the instructions found on the package. You can make the biscuits from scratch, but this method saves you a substantial amount of time.
6. Remove biscuits from the oven once they are golden brown. Set the biscuits aside to cool for later use.
7. Either half or quarter your 4 cups of strawberries. It is better to use fresh strawberries for this recipe. However, if you only have access to frozen strawberries, then you may use those instead.
8. Place halved/quartered strawberries in a bowl.
9. Add strawberry liqueur and granulated sugar to the bowl of sliced strawberries. Stir mixture well and refrigerate for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
10. If you don’t have a can of whipped cream handy, you can easily make your own whipped cream.
10a. Measure approximately 1 cup of heavy whipping cream and blend on the lowest speed.
10b. As your whipped cream takes shape, you may crank your blender to the highest speed.
10c. Sprinkle a few tablespoons of granulated sugar in your whipping cream.
10d. Blend until you have stiff peaks.
1. Slice all the biscuits in half and set aside.
2. Place a small amount of the syrup from the refrigerated strawberries in the center of the plate. The syrup will prevent the biscuit from sliding all over the plate during preparation.
3. Place the bottom half of the biscuit on top of the syrup you just placed on the plate.
4. Spoon a heap of the strawberry mixture on top of the bottom half of the biscuit.
5. Make sure you drizzle some extra syrup from the marinated strawberries on the bottom biscuit.
6. Take a dollop of whipped cream and place it on top of the strawberry mixture.
7. Place the other half of the biscuit on top of the whipped cream and strawberries.
8. Place another spoonful of whipped cream on the top half of the biscuit.
9. Add some additional halved strawberries on top of the whipped cream.
10. Sprinkle the top of the dessert with powdered sugar and serve.
Following this recipe won’t make you Betty Crocker, but you can definitely fool your friends into thinking you are. Follow these simple instructions and you’ll definitely be a hit at your next dinner party.