Authored by Morgan Barnhart in Dating
Published on 09-25-2009
It’s safe to say that love won’t be falling in our laps any time soon. In our search to find ‘the one’ we end up trying a bit too hard sometimes. Women often have a skewed mind set when it comes to dating which leads to broken hearts. Here are ten bad habits that women face when dating and some tips on how to break them.
- You believe your potential partner will fix your life. Many women like to believe that they’re going to stumble upon a millionaire and will be set for life. Once this mind set is gone, you’ll start to see an array of potential men who may not be rich, but can satisfy you beyond money.
- Don’t go for the same type of guy. If a past relationship with a certain type of guy failed, then there’s a good chance it won’t last again. So even if you’re drawn to that type of guy, look elsewhere for a while.
- Lower your expectations. We all have our dream man, but in order for us to find ‘the one’ we’re going to have to lower our expectations and realize that guys are not perfect and neither are you.
- Don’t be stuck in the past. Many women tend to dwell on the past and try to rehash it in the present, especially in guys. No two men are the same, so don’t treat them the same.
- Have an open mind. Your partner may say and do things that may irritate you and I’m sure you do some things that annoy him. Keep an open mind and let the little things roll off your back.
- Arguments are normal. Arguments scare people, especially when the relationship is fresh. Don’t let arguments tear apart your relationship. Talk them out rationally and get to the root of the problem so it doesn’t happen again.
- Value your partner. Show up on time, keep your promises, be interested in what he has to say and what he does. Often times, women have the tendency to think that guy’s hobbies aren’t important. If they’re important to him then they should be important to you.
- Keep communication open. Nine times out of ten, lack of communication is what kills a relationship. Normally when you think of lack of communication you think of the guy, but women have a hard time as well. Talk about your feelings.
- Surprise him. Guys love it when women take control and surprise them. If you do something nice for him out of the blue, he will truly appreciate it and you’ll feel satisfaction knowing that you made your partner happy.
- The clock is not running out. Women have the mind set that time is always running out and they must find their ideal man ASAP. You have all the time in the world. There is someone who will love you for the rest of your love. Sometimes we must be patient to find ‘the one’, and you have plenty of time to find him.
Breaking these bad habits will take time. Nothing happens over night. Be patient with yourself and do the best you can to break these bad habits. As long as you continue to improve yourself, you’ll find ‘the one’ sooner than you think.