There are many great theme parks on the east coast for thrill-seeking guests to choose from. The parks are an easy drive from major population centers, but what’s more, they each offer good value for the admission cost. A good theme park has to have more than a few rides – attractions, entertainment, and dining options should be available for all ages to make a visit to the park fun and memorable.
Top 8 East Coast Theme Parks
- Carowinds: This Charlotte, North Carolina park is home to 12 roller coasters including flying, wooden, stand up, and inverted designs. The park’s 112 acres also includes the Boomerang Bay water park, more than 30 restaurants and snack stands, and the Nickelodeon Central children’s area.
- Walt Disney World: This theme park complex near Orlando, Florida is one of the most well known in the world. Walt Disney World is actually composed of several individual theme parks, the largest of which are the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, MGM Studios, and Animal Kingdom. In addition to these classic parks, Walt Disney World also has other exciting attractions such as the Wide World of Sports Complex, the Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach water parks, and a wide range of luxurious resorts to make every visit magical.
- Six Flags America: Located near Baltimore, this Six Flags theme park boasts seven amazing roller coasters, the Hurricane Harbor water park, and fun attractions suitable for all ages. The park also offers a wide range of entertainment options, including a summer concert series with different popular headliners.
- Kings Dominion: Visitors to this Doswell, Virginia park will find more than a dozen world class roller coasters including Dominator, one of the world’s longest floorless coasters, and Volcano: The Blast Coaster, an innovatively themed launch design. If guests can’t take the heat of Volcano, they can also enjoy the more than 20 acres of the WaterWorks water park.
- Busch Gardens Europe: Exquisite landscaping, architecture, music, art, and costumes bring European cultures alive at this park in Williamsburg, Virginia, which is often recognized as the most beautiful theme park in the world. The best ambience of Europe is combined with modern thrills in the park’s six coasters and numerous other rides.
- Universal Studios Islands of Adventure: There is no better fantasy theme park on the east coast than this Orlando, Florida park. From the outstanding Dueling Dragons coaster to the whimsical attractions of Seuss Landing, guests can lose themselves in the wonder of Universal Studios movies come to life, including Jurassic Park and Spiderman.
- Sea World Orlando: Guests interested in aquatic adventure will find no better theme park than Sea World in Orlando, Florida, where they can interact with dolphins, stingrays, sea lions, and sharks, and visit numerous exhibits that showcase a wide variety of marine life. Thrill seekers will also enjoy the Kraken and Manta roller coasters, the Journey to Atlantis water coaster, and the Wild Arctic exploration simulator.
- Six Flags Over Georgia: This Atlanta theme park offers a classic amusement park experience with its 10 roller coasters and more than 40 family-friendly attractions. If the dozens of thrill rides aren’t enough, additional entertainment includes dance parties, a wild west comedy show, and other fun options.
No matter where you are on the east coast, there is a theme park waiting to be an exciting and entertaining getaway.