- By cathy warden
- Published 02/27/2012
No one wants to go out in public with the age spots. But they are inevitable. As people grow old, age spots are likely to appear on the face, neck and hand. With a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle you can slow down the process of aging. As a result you can prevent the appearance of age spots for some time. But you won’t be able to prevent their appearance forever. Sooner or later they will appear.
The good thing is that, you can remove age spots as soon as they appear. You don’t need to spend money unnecessarily on beauty products. The age spot removers available in the market are often not quite effective. You can rather try some natural age spot removers.
Here are two natural ways that you can follow to remove age spots.
Age Spot Remover 1:
1. You can make your own age spot remover with cranberries.
2. Crush some cranberries to get the pulp. You can use a blender or food processor to crush the cranberries.
3. Apply the pulp on the affected areas.
4. If the age spots have appeared on your hand you can cover the area with plastic. But if the affected areas are face and neck you should keep them open.
5. Let the cranberry sit on your skin overnight.
6. Wash the affected areas as soon as you wake up in the morning. You will notice that the spots have started fading.
Repeating this home remedy will help you to get rid of age spots soon.
Age Spot Remover 2:
1. Take a small bowl and squeeze 1 tablespoon of lime juice into the bowl.
2. Add 1 tablespoon of rose water and 1 tablespoon of glycerin to the lemon juice.
3. Stir the mixture properly so that all the ingredients are mixed properly.
4. Dip a cotton ball into the mixture.
5. Now dab the affected areas with the cotton ball.
6. Let the mixture sit on the affected areas for half an hour.
7. Wash the areas with cool water.
You can repeat this process at least twice a day to get the best result. Your age spots will disappear soon if you go for this natural remedy on a daily basis.
Though home remedies are quite effective in removing age spots or dark spots, if your problem is severe, these tips may not work for you. In that case you will have to count on a dermatologist. Some invasive age spot removal method can work for you. However, you will have to be very careful about your selection of dermatologist. Going for just any dermatologist may not be the right decision. Also make sure, you go for a local dermatologist so that you can get back to that person whenever needed. For example if you live in Boca Raton, choose a dermatologist who specializes in age spot removal Boca Raton.
Cathy Warden is a beauty expert who writes articles on topics like age spot removal, acne removal, anti aging tips and so on. For more information on these topics she suggest you to visit http://www.drskellchock.com/