Authored by Andy Chasse’ in Exercise
Published on 08-26-2009
Attaining a great, flab-free stomach is easily one of the most difficult tasks in the exercise realm. If people aren’t exercising wrong, they’re eating wrong, or even supplementing wrong. Because exercise is so often over-addressed when it comes to losing fat, we’re going to focus on the best foods to eat for a flat tummy.
First off, analyze the foods you’re eating now. What do you eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner? If packaged foods or fast foods come into the equation, there’s a problem. These types of foods are loaded with sugar and other poor nutritional choices, such as trans fat. Eliminate these foods from your diet and you will notice a big difference in a matter of weeks.
If you want that flat tummy, you’re going to have to do a little more than simply drop the junk foods. Although many people think that eating healthy is both complicated and expensive – it really isn’t. In fact, healthy eating is usually cheaper than the alternative. Get rid of this mindset as soon as possible.
As far as what to eat for a flat tummy, the list is pretty long. There should be a good balance of carbohydrates, protein, and healthy fats.
- Healthy carbohydrates include whole wheat or multi-grain bread and pasta, most fruits, sweet potatoes, and nearly every single vegetable imaginable.
- As far as protein is concerned, stick with lean cuts of all sorts of meat. Chicken, beef, pork, and fish all fit the bill. Remember to stick with lean cuts more often than not, especially with beef and pork.
- Mono-unsaturated and poly-unsaturated fats encompass the group of healthy fats. Stick to natural peanut butter, various types of nuts, and oils such as flax seed. Saturated fats like beef should be limited, but not removed entirely. Saturated fat has been linked to a number of life-threatening diseases. The last type of fat – trans fat – should be avoided at all costs, even though this means giving up your beloved butter.
Now that you know what to eat for a flat tummy, let’s take a look at a few other points to help you out along the road to a great looking stomach.
- Try your best to fit in 5 or 6 meals each day. The breakfast, lunch, and dinner mentality is far outdated. The key to losing fat is keeping your metabolism sky high. One of the easiest ways to do this is by eating more often. Throw in a meal every 3 hours if possible.
- Prepare meals ahead of time. Many people are way too busy these days to get in 5 or 6 meals each and every day. How can you get around this? Fix your meals ahead of time. Cook up three pounds of chicken at the very beginning of the week and save it in the fridge.
- Solid meals aren’t the only option. It’s entirely fine to consume a liquid meal or two each day. Run out to your local nutrition store and pick up a well-known brand of whey protein and make a shake out of it. For those truly pressed for time in the morning, this is a great alternative.
Follow these tips and you will soon be on your way beach body status. Remember that you have to eat for a flat tummy to actually attain a flat tummy!